Application Procedures for 2020-21
The Department only considers graduate applications for the Fall Quarter. Deadline to complete and submit your online application is December 1.
Note - International applicants who reside in Iran. UCLA recognizes that internet access in Iran was suspended for several days in mid-November and has not been fully restored. To accomodate this disruption, applicants from Iran may submit their application by December 15.
Application Material Check-List:
For further FAQs please visit our Admissions FAQ page here. For all other questions, contact us by email or phone at (310) 206-4407.
- Online graduate admissions application
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- One set of official transcripts: You will be uploading scanned or digitized copies with the online application. Official transcripts are also required to be sent electronically or via regular mail. (Applicants who have studied outside the U.S. - Official transcripts are only required if offered admission.) Electronic official transcripts must come directly from your Institution(s) Registrar and e-mailed to NeuroPhD@mednet.ucla.edu.
Or you may request to have official transcripts mailed to:
UCLA Neuroscience Graduate Office
695 Charles E. Young Dr. South
Gonda Center, Room 1506D
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1765
- GRE General Test : Official scores should be transmitted to us. UCLA Institution Code 4837, Neuroscience Department & Major Field Code: 0213
- TOEFL iBT (International Applicants): UCLA Institution Code 4837, Department & Major Code: 99
- IELTS (in lieu of TOEFL): Official score report should be sent to the address listed above.
- Selecting the Academic Program - Neuroscience PhD on the online application:
- "Plans for Graduate Study" Section
- Major - Select: Bioscience PHD - Neuroscience
- Don't forget to provide Major and GPA information in the "Additional Academic Information" details section on the online application.
- Only the required application items will be evaluated. Do not mail or upload any other supplemental documents or any duplicates of uploaded application items. Our program does NOT require a writing sample. Do NOT upload your publication(s) to the application site.